If you find the photos too small...


If you find the photos too small...click on them to see an enlarged version

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Hoghton Tower and The Lodge




This is really one of my favourite photos of Hoghton Tower.  I don't remember having ever seen the internal gardens, although I have been to the Tower many times! 





Courtesy of Thomas de Hoghton



2003

The lodge was built in 1876 by Charles de Hoghton. I was born here in 1963 as my parents, Eric and Betty Miller-Crook rented the house after their marriage in 1958.




1958


1969


1995


The King's visit in 1913
photo courtesy of Steve Williams

My Aunt Marion is the lady in the white dress. She had lived at the first cottage at the end of the lane, adjacent to the Lodge, as my great grandfather worked for the Estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment